What is Raindrop Aromatherapy Massage?
This 60 minute therapy is a wonderfully rejuvenating and deeply relaxing topical application of therapeutic essential oils. Raindrop Therapy uses a sequence of nine essential oils that have been clinically tested to have antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. These essential oils are massage using various techniques on the feet, neck and along the spine to bring balance to the body in a non-invasive manner. It also stimulates all of the body systems on a physical and emotional level.
What are the Benefits of Raindrop Technique?
- Reduces Pain - Since its development, it is becoming clear that the elements of Raindrop therapy not only reduces chronic back pain but also benefits other body systems. The analgesic ingredients in the essential oils help reduce pain and discomfort.
- Helps to Relieve Stress - Therapeutic essential oils have a normalizing effect on the nervous system making them ideal for reducing stress, anxiety and tension.
- Relax Muscles - Muscles that are sore, spastic or stressed will also benefit from Raindrop Therapy.
- Helps Reduce Inflammation - World wide studies have identified several essential oils as powerful anti-inflammatory agents. These include wintergreen, peppermint and thyme. These essential oils are all used in the Raindrop Therapy.
- Improve Circulation - Essential oils can be most beneficial in boosting circulation due to oxygenating properties. The essential oils of cypress, thyme, marjoram and peppermint all have properties that increase circulation and act as a circulatory stimulant.
- Helps Detox the Body Systems - The therapeutic oils used in Raindrop therapy are high in phenols hence, cleanse cellular receptor sites and enhance the lymphatic system.
- Helps improve Immune function - Thyme and oregano essential oils are known to support the immune system. They also create an unfavorable environment for harmful viruses and bacteria that can hibernate and lay dormant in the body.
What Essential Oils are used in Raindrop Therapy?
WINTERGREEN: Antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, anti-rheumatic, antiseptic, analgesic, disinfectant, anticoagulant, vasodilator and stimulant (bones).
CYPRESS: Supportive of the circulatory and lymphatic systems
BASIL: Relaxing to both voluntary and involuntary muscles
THYME: Antiseptic supportive of the body’s natural defenses
OREGANO: Powerful antioxidant, supports digestive and respiratory system, antimicrobial.
MARJORAM: Soothing to nerves, used for migraines
PEPPERMINT: Improves concentration and mental retention. Supports the digestive system and detoxifies the liver
VALOR: There are four different oils in Valor Blend:
- Rosewood Essential Oil-(Aniba rosaeodara) has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. It is emotionally grounding and relaxing.
- Spruce Essential Oil (Picea mariana) has anti-inflammatory properties and helps us combat infection. Emotionally, it is grounding and releasing.
- Frankincense Essential Oil (Boswellia carteri) has anti-depressant and immune stimulating properties. The high sesquiterpenes level stimulates and oxygenates the limbic system of the brain which elevates our mood and helps us relax (overcome stress).
- Blue Tansy Essential Oil (Tanacetum annuum) has anti-inflammatory properties, and may help cleanse the liver and the lymphatic system. It helps us release anger and negative emotions that are holding us back.
- Basil Essential Oil (Ocimum basilicum ) is a natural anti-inflammatory and helps with muscle spasm. It is good for voluntary and involuntary muscle groups.
- Marjoram Essential Oil (Origanum majorana) is antibacterial and antiseptic. It smooths muscle tissue and relieves muscle spasms, headaches and calms the nerves.
- Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula angustifolia) has analgesic and anti-spasmodic properties. It helps relief stress, sore muscles, menstrual cramps and nervous tension in the body.
- Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha piperita) has anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and pain blocking properties.
- Cypress Essential Oil (Cupresus sepmervirens) strengthens the vascular system. It increases circulation and supports detoxification of the lymphatic system.
For more information on essential oils visit www.inVisionEssentials.com