by Khana Dias
Barbara O’Neill is a qualified naturopath and nutritionist, is also an international speaker on natural self-healing. She has raised eight children and is a specialist in women’s and children’s health. She is also the health director of the successful Misty Mountain Health Retreat, located in Australia.
Discovering Good Health: "Poultices and Their Applications" (Complete) PBMC
- :29-What’s the difference between poultice & compress?
- 1:11-Cooked onion poultice used for ear aches.
- 4:49-Cooked onion on a boil
- 5:25–Raw onions poultice for respiratory problems and sore throat.
- 10:00-Heating compress for sore throat.
- 11:20-Remedies for coughs, onion syrup.
14:00-Antibiotic sandwiches using garlic. 4 raw cloves per day
- Sourdough Bread
Put olive oil over it
Chop 1 clove of garlic
Put sliced tomato and sliced avocado. Enjoy!
- Sourdough Bread
- 15:20- Garlic Poultice used on babies feet for Whooping Cough (Make sure the garlic is wrapped in cloth. Do NOT put it directly on feet as it will blister the feet. My aunt did this when she used it for sciatic pain. You can read the story here)
17:25-Flu Bomb recipe:
- 1/8tsp chopped Ginger
1 clove Garlic chopped
1tsp raw honey
sprinkle of cayenne pepper
1 drop of Tea tree or eucalyptus essential oil (food grade)
1/3 cup of hot water.
- 1/8tsp chopped Ginger
- 19:00-Cabbage leaf for swelling
- 20:00-Ginger teas for nausea, digestion, and Ginger poultice for inflammation of joints
- 25:00-Potato poultice is for tissue inflammation along with hot and cold water treatment for any foot inflammation. 3min hot 30sec in cold water and do it 3 times. Great stories shared on how this helped with foot injury.
33:44-Activated Charcoal used internally for poison, diarrhea nausea & externally for also any poison of bee stings, ticks snake bites and any other bytes. This recipe can be made ahead of time and can be stored in a refrigerator for up to a month or in a freezer for much longer:
- 1 part psyllium 3parts charcoal and enough water to make a soft jelly.
- 41:50-Castor Oil Compress–used on the outside of body as it penetrates deep into the body which can break up bumps, lumps, adhesions, bone spurs and calcium deposits. It can also be used for constipation, irritable bowel, and breaking up Uterine fibroids, cysts on the ovaries, Gallstones or kidney stone.
- 46:45-Cayenne Pepper- can be used internally and externally as it thins blood, strengthens arterial walls and can rebuild a heart muscle, helps prevent heart attacks, helps people with low hydrochloric acid, upset stomach, ulcers. When used externally on cuts it stops the bleeding, helps with numbness or cold feet as it bringing blood to the area for better circulation.
- 55:00-Cayenne Pepper Poultice can also be used on the underactive thyroid, if thyroid is overactive put ice on the area.
- 56:40-Cayenne Pepper Poultice on feet for a cold and or cayenne pepper in water along with antibiotic sandwiches and onion poultice over the neck.
- 57:52-Slippery Elm can be used externally and internally. When taken internally it coats and soothes the gastrointestinal tract, helps sore throat, soothes ulcerated esophagus & ulcerated stomach, helps with healing of a stomach ulcer, chrohn’s disease, irritable bowl or diarrhea.
- 1:01:45-Aloe Vera- can also be used like Slippery Elm, internally &externally for stomach problems or skin problems especially burns.
"I am a 64 year old female with extreme bilateral fibrocystic disease of the breast. It was extremely painful to get my annual mammogram. Many times it left me in tears. I watched a video about castor oil compress by Barbara O’Neil use to minimize fibroids of the uterus. I wondered if it will work on my breasts.
So for 4 months 5 times a week I applied a castor oil compress to my left breast at night while sleeping 4-7 hrs.
I went to have my mammogram last month and to my surprise it did not hurt on my left side where I had been applying the compress. Not only did it not hurt but the results showed less fibrocystic desire than my right breast. My left breast always showed more disease than my right. Also, my right breast showed no changes except a little denser.
I told my primary doctor what I had been doing and she told me the improvement was because I was getting older. In the past my left breast was extremely hard to the touch, now it is much softer. I am now applying the compress to both breasts and we shall see what the results are next year after doing this for a year." Marsha
If you have any question or have any other home remedies that you would like to share please comment bellow or email me. Thank You and Best of Health to All!